Chondroitin Sulfate Sodium is the sodium salt of the sulfated linear glycosaminoglycan obtained from bovine, porcine, or avian cartilages of healthy and domestic animals used for food by humans. Chondroitin Sulfate Sodium consists mostly of the sodium salt of the sulfate ester of N-acetylchondrosamine (2-acetamido-2-deoxy--d-galactopyranose) and d-glucuronic acid copolymer. These hexoses are alternately linked -1,4 and -1,3 in the polymer. Chondrosamine moieties in the prevalent glycosaminoglycan are monosulfated primarily on position 4 and less so on position 6. It contains not less than 90.0 percent and not more than 105.0 percent of chondroitin sulfate sodium, calculated on the dried basis.
Chondroitin sulfate is one of the raw materials used to form new cartilage in the body. chondroitin sulfate is needed to form the glycosaminoglycans and synovial fluid that help keep the joints cushioned and well lubricated. Chondroitin sulfate has been proven in several clinical studies to help ease symptoms of osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and bursitis, as well as other disorders associated with a breakdown of the cartilage regenerative process.
Main Function and Applicatin
1.Chondroitin sulfate is used for osteoarthritis. It is often used in combination with other products, including manganese ascorbate, glucosamine sulfate, glucosamine hydrochloride or N-acetyl glucosamine N-. Research from a couple of decades ago showed that chondroitin sulfate helped arthritis pain when taken with conventional medicines for pain and swelling. But later research wasn’t so positive. Now, scientists believe that, overall, chondroitin sulfate may reduce arthritis pain slightly.
2. Some people use chondroitin sulfate for heart disease, weak bones (osteoporosis), and high cholesterol. Chondroitin sulfate is also used in a complex with iron for treating iron-deficiency anemia.
3. Chondroitin sulfate is available as an eye drop for dry eyes. In addition, it is used during cataract surgery, and as a solution for preserving corneas used for transplants.
4. Chondroitin sulfate for corneal collagen fibers have a protective effect, can promote the growth of the matrix fiber reinforced permeability, improve blood circulation, accelerate metabolism, promote the absorption and elimination of inflammation permeate.
5. Chondroitin sulfate can be used to treat nervous headaches, trigeminal neuralgia, coronary heart disease, angina, myocardial ischemia, cerebrovascular disease, joint pain, atherosclerosis and hepatitis.
6. Chondroitin sulfate can be used as health care products, food additives, has enhanced the human physique and anti bacteria, beauty, anti-aging effects. Improve hearing and dry skin.